NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Greensboro
Asphalt and Sealcoating Services for Driveways & Parking Lots
NC Asphalt and Sealcoating is a team of professional paving contractors that provides Asphalt and Sealcoating Services for commercial and residential clients throughout Greensboro, NC. Our service area includes all of its neighborhoods like Irving Park, Bessemer, Grandover and others. The Parking Lot and Road services we provide are life extending sealcoating applications and repairs for cracks, potholes, upheavals and edge. For those business owners that have moderate to major damaged parking lots, an affordable resurfacing might be warranted. For our residential clients, we provide cost friendly Professional Driveway Sealcoating services, crack and pothole repairs, resurfacing and new installs.
We gladly provide onsite complementary asphalt service estimates for professional sealcoating and damage repairs for parking lots, roads and driveways. We offer valuable advice developed over decades of hard work in Greensboro.
Sealcoating a Parking Lot
Budget Pro Asphalt Parking Lot Sealcoating in Greensboro
Asphalt pavement is a mixture of 5 % of Asphalt binder (black glue) that holds the other 95% of gravel and sand together into a flexible yet solid hard pavement form. As Asphalt Parking Lots age, they decay through exposure to UV-Rays, rain, sleet, snow and traffic. This parking lot decay makes itself obvious as the handsome black color fades to light grey. As asphalt ages, it leaches out the black glue and the pavement unravels into gravel. Application of a parking lot protective Sealcoat periodically will dramatically slow the decay process (oxidation). Sealcoat professional formulations are often secret but all will contain anti-oxidation additives to provide protection against sunlight, heat, rain, sleet, snow and stormy weather. The Asphalt paving industry suggests sealcoating a parking lot every 3 to 4 years- more often if the climate is harsh or the traffic load is heavy.
Asphalt Parking Lot Sealcoating Benefits:
- Slight cracks and minor pitting are filled in and sealed upon sealcoat application.
- Reflects UV-Rays
- Waterproofs the pavement
- Spills of gas and oil from vehicles are prevented from sinking into the pavement and can be easily washed away.
- Dirt and scattered pieces of trash are easily swept or washed away.
- Revives the handsome deep black color of the original pavement.
- Nearly doubles the Parking Lot life-span
Sealcoating a Driveway
Greensboro, NC Asphalt Driveway Budget Professional Sealcoating
We offer expert application of high-quality commercial sealcoating to protect and waterproof your asphalt driveway from the damaging effects of UV rays, oil spills, gas spills and rain- these are oxidizers that slowly dissolve the asphalt cement (the black glue that holds the crushed rock and sand together). Professional Sealcoating fills and smooths slight cracks and porous areas of the old asphalt driveway reproducing that like-new protected surface where dirt and debris easily washes off. Sealcoating, as suggested by most industry specialists, should be done every 2 to 3 years.
DIY (homeowners) Sealcoating Drawbacks:
- Homeowners often neglect to clean their driveways before sealcoating, not realizing, bonding of the sealcoat will be a problem in dirty areas.
- Sealcoat formulations available to homeowners are vastly inferior to Professional ones- mostly they are Waterdown.
- DIY Cost savings are minor compared to professionals’ charge- especially for long driveways.
- For complete protection, severe cracks need to be repaired with Hot Rubber crack repair mix that Professionals will take care of.
- Homeowners’ wrongly think the more Sealcoat they put on the better. Caking something on a flexing surface never achieves a good bond and will slide off.
- Many DIYers suffer skin rashes and respiratory troubles during sealcoat application.
Infrared Parking Lot Repair
Asphalt Parking Lot Repairs: Greensboro Best Price
Our NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Paving Experts located in Greensboro gladly examines Parking Lot damage for free, explain its cause and quotes a reasonable repair cost. For example, Potholes take a while to form and are usually the end result of alligator cracking. This damage begins in low spots that hold water which expands as it freezes causing the asphalt pavement to crack. When cracks appear, water sinks into the subbase causing further pavement damage as it freezes by pushing apart the gravel base. The damage eventually becomes an ever-deepening pothole as small chunks of cracked pavement dislodge and are pushed out by car wheels. Potholes require damaged material meaning asphalt pavement and gravel subbase be removed down to a stable foundation or subbase. Then the hole will be squared off, subbase repaired, hot asphalt mix laid in layers and asphalt surface pavement compacted. Most homeowners wait till their asphalt driveway damage is severe before they call for help but if you contact NC Asphalt and Sealcoating in Greensboro at the first sign of cracking its less costly and easier to fix.
Greensboro, NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Paving Common Repairs:
- Ruts or depressions caused by heavy delivery trucks
- Alligator cracking
- Deteriorating pavement with exposed Stones- this is called Pitting or Raveling.
- Vehicle Petroleum spills- gasoline, oil or others
- Upheavals caused by tree roots.
Milling off Damaged Asphalt on Parking Lot
Greensboro Parking Lot Resurfacing: Best Local Cost
Parking Lot Resurfacing is less costly than a full reconstruction and usually takes a great deal less time. Commercial property owners, on a tight budget, should consider a Resurface when the Parking lot subbase remains strong yet repairs are too numerous to attempt or even afford. Resurfacing removes the top few inches of damaged pavement and replaces it with a quality newly paved asphalt of the same depth. Be Aware, resurfacing a parking lot without repairing subbase problems will not be a successful long-term fix because damage in the subbase reflects up through the pavement. This means those spots that now puddle will shortly puddle again. It is more cost effective to repair the underlying subbase problems causing reoccurring damage to the pavement than the cost of never-ending cycle of repairs.
Reasons to Resurface a Parking Lot:
- Adds years of additional lifespan- perhaps doubling it
- Vastly more affordable- about 1/3 of total replacement
- Very quick process compared to total replacement
- Restores its flexibility and reduced road noise
- Clients are thrilled with a like-new parking lot had at such an affordable price.
Greensboro, NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Driveway Repairs
Your home’s driveway commands a substantial part of its curb appeal which is improved by a smooth handsome black driveway and in turn is ruined by a cracked, weed infested one. Particularly, a problem when the home is up for sale because a driveway that looks poorly maintained will lead buyers to believe the rest of the home also suffers from poor upkeep. As soon as your driveway begins showing cracks or depressions, contact a professional asphalt contractor to inspect for free and offer a repair quote. Be Aware! once the asphalt driveway cracks, water will infiltrate beneath it causing the damage rate to quicken and before you know it that little crack has led to several more. Severe damage such as potholes, alligator cracking and upheavals indicate subbase damage which requires a deep patch repair- one that goes all the way into the subbase.
Greensboro, NC Residential Driveway Tips:
- Residential driveways are designed to withstand passenger traffic- not tree trimming or garbage trucks- these will damage pavement.
- Don’t plant Trees or shrubs near the driveway because someday roots maybe coming up under the pavement.
- Don’t park Heavy service trucks or campers on the driveway- they will cause ruts.
- Decaying vegetation will stain and damage the driveway and should be promptly removed.
Building a New Driveway
Residential Driveway Cost Friendly New Installs
NC Asphalt and Sealcoating is determined to offer the highest quality and lowest priced asphalt driveway installation services in the local marketplace of Greensboro and beyond. Some Asphalt Contractors seek a bigger payday by using the cheapest grade of asphalt mix (there are several grades), skimping on the gravel base depth and doing the bare minimum for grading- these are not our practices. Asphalt Paving is NOT a trade that can be taught in school it has to happen on the job site. We have decades of expertise solving problems that an inexperience paver would not know how to handle. For example, expert grading for proper drainage must maintain the proper angle of decline to remove water quickly, identifying invasive trees or shrubs that could become a future issue, and properly identifying badly mixed asphalt. For the longest functioning driveway, an Expert Paving Contractor designing and building a new asphalt driveway needs to identify possible issues that could ruin your investment shortly or years later.
The Best Driveway Install Methods:
- Grading of Land surrounding the Driveway should send storm water to the left or right across the lawn- away from the pavement.
- Complete Removal of all Vegetation trees, shrubs including roots so they don’t regrow.
- Asphalt pavement Gravel subbase (foundation) needs to be a minimum of 4 inches deep more if the soil type is clay for good water drainage.
- Asphalt surface layer should be at least 2 inches thick if the driveway will only have passenger traffic- 3 inches if heavy trucks and campers are the more frequent traffic.
Greensboro, North Carolina
The city of Winston-Salem is located in Guilford County, North Carolina. It is the 5th most populous city and the third largest urban area in NC. It is located in the Piedmont Triad metropolitan area. Three interstate highways 40, 85 and 73 were built to intersect at this city to advantage it in easy commerce between the southern states and the mid-Atlantic states. This area is characterized by low rolling hills with mostly clay and some moderately fertile soils. Historically the main crop was cotton from its textile mills but as textile manufacturing moved to China tobacco became more important.
Greensboro has 2 major public research universities, North Carolina A&T State University which is an historically black college established in the late 19thcentury and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The Elon University School of Law that opened in 2006 in downtown Greensboro has been instrumental in revitalizing the downtown by attracting students who actively spend money on goods and entertainment in the area.
Many attractions entertain locals and bring tourists from across the nation that diversify the economy and add greatly to its success.
The Greensboro Coliseum Complex was designed to host a wide range of athletic activities, public educational offerings, fairs, entertainment shows and trade shows. It hosted the 2011 and 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships and were a huge success.
Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe a water theme park with about 36 rides including one of the nation’s tallest water slides.
Greensboro Science Center a family friendly activity centered science museum and planetarium.
The Greensboro Arboretum a consortium between Greensboro Beautiful and the City of Greensboro. It is located on 17 acres which features many special display gardens with fountain, overlook, arbor, bridges and benches.