NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Chapel Hill
Asphalt Driveways & Parking Lot Sealcoating and Paving Services in Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill NC asphalt and Sealcoating services for both commercial and residential clients. We offer professional sealcoating services using high-quality (far better than what’s found at the Home stores) sealant formulas for Parking Lots and Driveways. Our Professional paving services provide residential or commercial clients with budget friendly long-lasting paving repairs, resurfacing of driveways and parking lots and new installs of- driveways, private roads, basketball or tennis courts and parking lots.
Protect yourself Compare Asphalt Service Estimates- Chapel Hill Asphalt Driveways and Sealcoating is determined to offer asphalt driveway or parking lot repairs that strictly follow Asphalt Paving Industry more budget friendly than we will. We consider clients’ needs, Government regulations, total cost and durability with each service provided.
How the Free Inspection follows? – First, we inspect the damage then we discuss what service can be offered to provide a dependable driveway or parking lot. Secondly, your desires will factor in- yet still following all proper regulations. This result (different for every client) provides an estimate for the bare bones repair as well as upgraded plans.
Chapel Hill, NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Company Standards
- Our paving services estimates consider cost, durability, and appearance.
- You will never be harmed by us for costly mistakes due to ignorance- we know what we’re doing.
- We preform maintenance at regular intervals on our industrial specialized paving machines and trucks- no worries over equipment breakdowns to cause costly delays.
- Honesty is important: we don’t use inferior Sealcoating formulations, skimp on proper gravel subbase depth or switch from a high-quality Hot Asphalt Mix to the daily special at the Asphalt plant.
About NC Asphalt and Sealcoating
NC Asphalt and Sealcoating is a company that provides asphalt repair and paving services to the residents and businesses at different locations within North Carolina, North Carolina. Along with parking lot paving, we also offer services such as parking lot striping, services for ADA accessibility, and seal coating in the properties of the people living or working in North Carolina, North Carolina.
Things Considered by NC Asphalt and Sealcoating
While providing quality parking lot services, NC Asphalt and Sealcoating focuses on the following features.
Smooth mixing with existing pavement:
If you are refurbishing your parking lot or extending the existing one, then precision in the integration of the two surfaces is essential for a reputed service provider like us. For constructing a high-quality parking lot, the transition from the existing one to the new one should be smooth.
Construct a good base of gravels:
While constructing a commercial asphalt parking lot, proper construction of sub-base and adequate building of gravel foundation is essential. The proper installation of the sub-base needs a lot of experience and expertise. Otherwise, it will not be able to bear the weight of heavy traffic.
Focus on details:
During the process of parking lot installation, it is necessary to focus on small features like sharp edges and even surface. The workers of our NC Asphalt and Sealcoating are skilled enough to ensure such things by using plate compactors and hand rollers. Your parking lot will last longer and look great by focusing on these small details.
Proper drainage system:
Another essential aspect to focus on during parking lot paving is the adequate drainage of the water from it. We prevent damage to the parking lot for a long time by designing its drainage system so that build ups of standing water can be prevented effectively.
Call Us Now
So if you are planning to pave a commercial asphalt parking lot on your business premises anywhere in North Carolina, North Carolina, then contact NC Asphalt and Sealcoating. Call us any time at 866-477-9939 to get a free quote for all types of paving and asphalt repair services. Our team of well trained and experienced professionals is equipped with the latest techniques and equipment required for new parking lot paving or repairing the existing one at any location within North Carolina, North Carolina. While paving a commercial asphalt parking lot, our professionals can create a drainage system and lay gravel foundation adequately based on their experience.
Failed Sealcoat- Inferior formula
- We are licensed and insured in the state of NC
Licensing requires years of on the job experience or proof of accredited training, and the acceptable passing of one of more tests. The tests mainly cover safety requirements and construction code requirements.
- Accident Insured employees– a worker injured on the job has to apply to their employer for compensation- not the homeowners’ or businesses’ policy. Be Aware that just because asphalt paving takes place at ground level doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous. Pavers are working with hot Asphalt mix in temperatures above 230 Fahrenheit and severe burns are possible.
- Our client’s satisfaction drives our business reputation– a very important identifier to safeguard. Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Pavers arrive on time, on the day promised and will use the material that was agreed upon- not replace it with something cheaper. We also back up our workmanship with good warranty.
Sealcoating Large Parking Lot
Chapel Hill, NC Asphalt Commercial Parking Lot Pro Sealcoating
Asphalt pavement exposed to the outdoors will fade from its deep black color overtime as the binder wears away- a process called oxidization. Sunlight, rain, high temperatures and wind exposure increases the rate of oxidization. Asphalt pavement loses flexibility as it fades and soon after cracks form as vehicles cross over it. Once water penetrates the subbase through cracks, the pavement damage picks up speed and eventually potholes form. Parking lots will perform well for about 15 years but if treated with periodic sealcoating its lifespan could nearly double.
Types of Sealcoat Formulas
- Acrylic Sealcoats are considered more environmentally friendly because they don’t contain petroleum by products. Basic components are derived from polymers and acrylic which makes them very expensive, however they provide many more years of protection against UV-rays and extreme weather. They come in many colors, such as green for tennis courts.
- Asphalt Emulsions: Asphalt cement is a solid substance at temperatures under 150 degrees so it’s heated and milled while warm into small droplets. These small droplets are mixed into water treated with an emulsifying agent that will keep the droplets separated within the water. This emulsified mixture can be sprayed or rolled at lower temperatures onto the asphalt parking lot then as the water evaporates from the emulsions the asphalt cement is left behind as a protective deep black coat.
Is Sealcoating a Parking Lot Worthwhile?
- Fills minor cracks and pitting to produce a monolithic barrier against spills or water from sinking into pavement.
- Sealcoat formulas are secret but all contain antioxidation additives to hold off the harmful effects of Sunlight, rain and snow.
- Gas and Oil spills are easily washed away.
- The Parking Lot will look new as the deep black color is restored.
- Lifespan will increase especially if the parking lot is seal coated periodically.
Newly Sealcoated Driveway
Asphalt Driveway Affordable Pro Sealcoating
Professional Sealcoating last longer and is more durable than what the big-box stores offer for DIY (Do It Yourself) sealcoating formulas. These right off the shelf sealcoating basic formulations are designed to work across many environments and are not necessarily the best fit for your driveway. Professional contractors like Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating offers application of several commercial quality sealcoating products to protect and waterproof your driveway. No worries over which formula to choose, we’ll advise is the most cost effective.
Bad Driveway Sealcoating
DIY Homeowner Sealcoating Mistakes
- Homeowners who skip cleaning the driveway before sealcoating find that the sealant is flaking off because it didn’t adhere.
- Professional Sealcoating Formulas are superior to those brought at the home store they contain more antioxidation additives and less water.
- Homeowner DIY sealcoating cost savings are minor especially for long driveways.
- Homeowners’ often think more is better and will apply Sealcoat too heavily. Pooled sealant doesn’t cure well and in a short period of time cracks develop in the sealcoat layer.
- Sealcoating odors can cause skin rashes and coughing.
Parking Lot Crack Repair
Chapel Hill, NC Fair Cost Parking Lot Repairs
Two methods of repair are: A surface patch repairs the damaged asphalt layer. A full depth patch requires that the gravel subbase be repaired and stabilized. Certain types of damage are known to harbor damage in the gravel subbase and require repair of the subbase otherwise the damage will again appear.
- Minor Cracks- surface patch
- Ruts or tire tracks- surface patch
- Fatigue/alligator Cracking- full depth patch
- Ponding or bird baths- inspection will determine method
- Potholes- full depth patch
- Upheaval (roots growing up from under pavement)- full depth patch
Parking Lot Resurfacing
Chapel Hill, NC Parking Lot Budget Resurfacing
Parking lots with severe surface damage have a less costly repair option in a process called Resurfacing rather than a complete tear out and rebuild. Resurfacing will remove the top 1.5 to 2 inches layer of asphalt pavement and replace it with a new layer of hot asphalt mix. Resurfacing has many advantages over total replacement: it’s a fast process, adds another 8 to 10 years of functional lifespan, can be as much as ½ the cost of complete replacement and ends up looking like a new parking lot.
Caution, if areas with gravel subbase damage such as Potholes and Severe deep cracks that travel all the way down through are not corrected before the overlay, the damage once again travels to the surface. You will then again be faced with a repair by as little as a year later. Contact Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating and find out if a resurfacing will work for your troubled parking lot by scheduling a free parking lot inspection.
Chapel Hill NC Asphalt Driveway Free Inspection
Once a driveway begins to show cracks, the deterioration will accelerate because water has penetrated the pavement and eventually a pothole will form. Asphalt Driveway Repairs are more affordable at the crack stage. Often minor repairs are sufficient to return your driveway to a serviceability that will last many years. Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating Paving will inspect your driveway for free without conditions for a budget friendly repair estimate.
Best Cost Chapel Hill NC Driveway Crack Repair
Preparation of the crack is important for permanent bonding. If the cracks are minor, they are blown out using high pressure air, wire brushing or pressure washer to remove all loose debris. Then the crack is carefully filled with sealant from the bottom of the crack to the top of the crack to prevent air bubbles. Air bubbles create weak spaces in the asphalt which collapse in time. Crack sealing can last three to eight years depending on climate, materials used, and technique.
When you need cracks repaired during cold weather, a special pre-mixed cold patch is used (straight from the container) to repair cracks or potholes during the winter for a temporary fix. When warmer weather comes, a hot asphalt mix will be used for a long-lasting fix. A rubber like patch compound can be used on minor cracks or other minor damage but for larger cracks other methods are needed.
- Cold weather crack repairs: pre-mixed cold patch compound straight from the container.
- Above 50 degrees Crack Repairs: Hot Rubberized crack sealer compound
- Hot Asphalt Mix is used for large Cracks during warm weather.
- For repairs without visible signs of seams Infrared light is used to heat up the crack area to transform damaged asphalt to the molten stage. More hot asphalt is added to the mix and then all is compacted smooth.
Severe Driveway Pothole
Chapel Hill NC Asphalt Driveway Pothole Repair
All crumbled asphalt, sand and dust is removed from the Pothole using high pressure air. The weak part of the gravel subgrade needs to be removed until firm support is reached. Gravel subbase is replaced and compacted to ensure a firm foundation for the pavement. A tack coat is painted all over the pothole to help bonding with the patch. Finally, a hot asphalt patching mix is compacted firmly into the pothole. No worries over our commitment: Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating guarantees all repairs.
Chapel Hill NC Asphalt Driveway Resurface: Affordable Option
The black ribbon of driveway leading to your home is a huge part of its curb appeal. If the driveway is weed infested, troubled with several potholes and cracks, it pretty much states this home has not been maintained- worrisome to prospective home buyers. Plus, Family and Visitors may not have a place to dry place to park or worse yet your grandparent could take a fall.
“Unfortunate”, you say “I know my driveway is terrible but I can’t afford a new one”. Fortunately, a more attractive financial option is available for property owners or homeowners, on a tight budget, when driveway crack repairs are too numerous to be attempted. Resurfacing removes 1.5 to 2 inches of the failing pavement through milling or grinding it off then replacing it with a new surface layer of asphalt pavement.
Caution! areas that show signs of subbase damage such as potholes need the gravel subbase directly under repaired otherwise the pothole will reappear. This is called reflection – subbase damage reflects upwards. Please contact Chapel Hill NC Asphalt and Sealcoating for a professional inspection and estimate to resurfaced or rebuild your asphalt driveway? Many Clients have said their driveway services were more affordable then they thought. This is especially true if a driveway resurfacing can be done.
Asphalt Driveway Resurfacing Worthwhile or Not?
- Driveway Lifespan extends by 8 to 10 years
- Much Cheaper than a complete rebuild
- Curb Appeal is Enhanced
- Driveways Flexibility is Restored
- Removes evidence of extensive cracking caused by sealcoating errors.
About Chapel Hill NC
Franklin Street Chapel Hill NC
Chapel Hill NC is a town in Chatham and D counties located in Central North Carolina about 25 northwest of Raleigh and 10 miles southwest of Durham. It makes up one corner of the famous financially successful Research Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill). The town was established as a municipality in 1851 to provide support and services to the surrounding University of North Carolina. Speedy access to travel about the rest of the state is accomplished with the I-40 corridor. The lay of land is that of a Coastal Plain within the Cape Fear River Basin waterways and woods. Summers are humid and hot with frequent rain storms. Winters are mildly cold with only a few days showing below-freezing temperatures, snow and freezing rain.
History of Chapel Hill NC
The University of North Carolina was founded in 1789 by Christopher son of early settler William Barbee who held a land grant of 585 acers of both Chapel Hill-Durham areas. Chapel Hill was founded at the crest of a hill that was the original site of an Anglican chapel called “chapel of ease” which was replaced by another Chapel known as New Hope Chapel in 1752- hence the reason for the town’s name Chapel Hill.
Chapel Hill located at the cross roads of two trading routes had successful beginnings in economic agriculture that soon was overtaken by the economic powerhouse of the first state sponsored college University of North Carolina. The town of Chapel Hill and the University of North Carolina are link in economic success of higher education and Medical Research development.
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
The University of North Carolina through the 1800’s and 1900’s and the town continued to grow and improve offerings highlighting medical and pharmaceutical programs in education and increasing services offered by the surrounding town.
Modern times the economy has developed into an area strong in high-tech manufacturing and health care biomedical pharmaceuticals. The location next to important highways and railway gives ease and encourages a strong manufacturing base that has brought economic success to the city and its residents.